Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pickens Plan



I saw this on one of our corporate TVs as I was walking into my building. I think it is one of the best ideas I've heard for a first step in energy Independence. Lots of people talk about what we could do if we had all wind, or if everyone had fuel cell cars, but that first step isn't really talked about. Boone Pickens is a multi-billionaire and he sees a profit in us changing our energy paradigm. That is how we are going to change our country's energy future, with the profit motive. Green is good, and this is just a first step. Also, I admit that NG vehicles may take longer than 10 years for a full national fleet turnover, but it is a first step. Also, I think focusing on NG would keep the oil companies in the loop and, as we've learned from the seven years, nothing gets done in this country without the oil companies...

1 comment:

Scotty said...

There is a Public Forum for discussions on Pickens Plan : www.pickensenergyplan.com
See you there !