Friday, April 17, 2009

Am I so out of touch?

No. No, it's the children who are wrong.

That is the first thing I thought of when i read this article by George Will. I agree people should be able to dress up without everyone saying, "Why are you so dressed up?" I went through a period in high school and college where I never wore jeans, very "preppy." People always asked me in college, "Why are you so dressed up?" I replied haughtily, "This isn't dressed up." I still don't think anything without a tie is dressed up, but I digress...

In this article Will goes after jeans as if it is some betrayal of the worker roots of jeans. Well, isn't it a little late for that? Fashion has owned denim for 30 years, so brace for craziness. And to further my point, aren't pants themselves a workers garment that has now be perverted into "dress" pants? I mean when people where toiling away in the fields of the 1700s all the dandies in Vienna were wearing powdered wigs and silk stockings, not pants! So take that George. Shit changes, you get older, more shit changes . That is the way the world works for everyone.

And another thing, leave gamers alone! I love my video games - especially the violent ones!

No comments: