Friday, April 24, 2009

That guy...

You know that expression, "That Guy." He's the one, that does that thing - you know it when you see it. Every group has that guy. Every college, office, school, class, every group has that guy who can be obnoxious. Well, I think I just found the one in our office.

He's always miserable, to the point where it is a joke - but really kinda sad. And I'm thinking this particular point of view is what makes the terrible comments flow from his mouth. Now, I may not be one to judge (as I've said lots of terrible crap) and guys say tons of gross shit all the time, but when you hear really abhorrent stuff, you gotta say something. I also think the guy who says the grosser stuff, probably has more pent up shit inside him that you don't want to know about.

So no, I'm not going to tell what he said because it is grotesque. However, my response was this, "You are a repellent human being." I was serious and killed the conversation for about 30 seconds. I may not be Rex Harrison, but I do consider myself the gentleman from time to time, and a gentleman lets the lesser of us know what isn't acceptable.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

In todays world, you gotta be really really careful about irritating someone further. You don't know his mental state. Don't want him to go postal. Though I do believe ignoring him, walking away so you don't have to hear his vulgarity is appropiate. A trip to personnel is also a good idea. They need to know the guys got a problem before he says or does something that might get them sued.

Good Luck
Sandy
Made my way here, blog walking from my new BlogUpp widget. Leaving you my url, your settings don't seem to allow anything beyond the generic google?
http://travelingsuitcase.blogspot.com/