Thursday, April 3, 2008

A fitness milestone

Recently I've been going to the gym. Nothing crazy, just some quick circuit training followed by some light cardio. I've gone up in weight on most of my upper body exercises, but since - haven't lost much weight and (according to my scale) - haven't lost any body fat. - I can definately see the change, but none of the metrics and the stubborn existence of my belly were telling me that I wasn't making too much progress. Son yesterday - went over to the pull-up bar to stretch out my arms and tried a pull-up. Bam! I did one! Now I've always been the fat kid in gym class who could never do one. I couldn't even do one when - was really lifting a lot after college. I felt great about cranking two out later in my routine and now I feel like I can take on that rope climb as well. Perhaps I'll visit the local grade school and demand a go at the rope climb. Self Esteem here I come!

1 comment:

Capt. BS said...

Yes, the rope climb was invented for skinny-ass punks like me, as well as this even skinnier kid named Kevin Dalrymple, who could also do an unlimited number of pullups.